If you haven’t listened to Miranda Amess already then I highly recommend you should – an independent artist she is releasing her new track ‘You and I’ on Friday 24th November.
After supporting singer songwriter Janet Devlin at the Deaf Institute in Manchester, Miranda took a little break from performing and put all her focus into writing new material. Working alongside Generation Studio, her new track ‘You and I’ marks her movement from acoustic singer-songwriter to Alternative Pop Artist.
She has previously been played by the likes of BBC introducing and continues to make her mark on radios locally and internationally.
Her music incorporates electornic influences, which resonates with her soulfully pure vocals. Her unique style is inspired by the likes of Sia, Dua Lipa and Lauren Aquilina.
I’ve known Miranda since university and I had the pleasure of playing keys for her for a while – not only is she a great performer but her writing skills are on another level. You and I is by far the best track I have ever heard from her.
Straight away it is catchy as hell – one listen and I was addicted. It definitely has influences of electronic and rock music in there to give it a bad ass girl kinda feel. Her vocals as always sound incredible on the track, she really knows how to write a great song to show off her voice and her lyrics are really something else. She constantly delivers and You and I is just proof of that.
I can’t wait to see where this track will take her!
To listen to Miranda’s new song just click here!
If you want to check out any of Miranda’s music her social media sites are linked below!
Facebook – Click here
Twitter – Click here
See you soon with another blog x
Sorry I haven’t posted in a while, I’ve been busy doing uni work and stressing massively. Super fun combo.
Anyway it’s that time again for another favourites post, so if you’re stressing about essays, why not take a little break and read this.. 😉
- So… I FINISHED MY DISSERTATION!!! This deserves to be in capitals because it’s that big of a deal! I’ve only just finished it too but my god I’m glad it’s over. I’ve spent so much time in the library that it kind of felt like a second home, plus it’s full of books and I love books. So that’s great. But my relationship with the library is now over…
- I went to the most amazing food festival over the weekend in Malton. I love food festivals because I love food and I love eating. I ate so much on the weekend and it was nice to have a break from all the stress of uni! There was lots of live music and drinking and I saw loads of old school friends which was lovely! I think I’ve put on about 2 stone over the weekend, I can’t even explain to you guys how much I actually ate. It wasn’t normal. Here’s a picture of me and my friend enjoying an ice cream in the sun 🙂
- I celebrated some friends birthday! Jess and Shamyra had a party at Revs, and it was a cracker! Yet again, I ate a lot and just enjoyed people’s company! Also Jordan, Liam and I created a new sport that should be part of the Olympics now. It will honestly go down in history. It involved furry balls (sensible please) a party hat and my AMAZING throwing skills. We did look rather strange and got a lot of funny looks, but who cares when we’re standing on the podium with a gold medal. Won’t be so funny then. 😉
- One of the proudest things I’ve accomplished this month is the release of my first ever instrumental single. I’m SOOOOO proud of it, and I’ve been so overwhelmed by the response. I wrote it in October last year when I was going through some rough stuff and I just wanted to write something that didn’t have lyrics in it. Mainly because at the time I couldn’t even begin to write down what I was feeling, so I let the music do the talking. If you haven’t already heard it, here’s the link so you can check it out…
- Another favourite is that some of my blog posts are now being published on websites! Which is amaaaazing. People are really enjoying what I’m writing and I absolutely love writing these posts! So thank you very much for all your support 🙂 If you want to check out my published posts, I’m featured on writeforhealing.com and heylittlerebel.com. (Also some more exciting news will coming soon) EXCITING.
- I watched an amazing interview this month, when reading this it probably doesn’t seem that riveting, but for some reason I just found it so inspiring, so I thought I would share it with you guys. I’m not going to explain it because the video does that itself, and you can probably tell what it’s about just from the title. But I do recommend giving it a watch.
- I haven’t really been to many gigs this month, purely based on the fact I haven’t had time. This month has just been dedicated to working on my uni stuff and working at the arena! But I did go see some of my closest friends perform at the Ritz basement. (Yes, the Ritz has a basement) I saw the lovely Megan Dixon-Hood who just so happens to be my flat mate and the other half of Muth. She’s always a delight to watch, I’m a proper fan girl. I’m not even kidding when I say I know every song off by heart. I watched Romario and the beautiful Jess Lebon perform, I was dead impressed with the whole night and I may have had a little boogie at the end of the night too. All in all a very successful night.
- Another gig I went to was to watch the legendary Akcadamy. These guys always deliver and yet again I’m a huge fan girl. I’m not normally a massive fan of rap but Kc and Adam (hence the spelling of AKCADAMY smart eh?) literally make me fall in love with it. I love watching them, and they always like to take their shirts off too…which I’m not complaining about, they are more than welcome to carry on doing so. They have some absolute bangers which you can’t help but sing along.
- Check them out on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/akcadamy/?fref=ts
Sorry it hasn’t been much in this post! Like I said I’ve been slaving away doing essays! I hope you’ve enjoyed anyway and I shall see you very soon with another post!
Until next time…
Lots of Love,